Raw banana raita

Raita! 😋 During summers, I don't like starting any meal without raita or may be just plain curd. I am pretty sure that you guys must have tried cucumber raita or boondi raita or may be simple raita with onion and tomato. All of them are tasty. Aren't they? Today I have something different for you😌 Raw banana raita! It's refreshing and tasty. Above all, it can be prepared in just 10 mins!!!

Moreover, Raw banana is a good source of fibre and resistance starch. Resistance starch improves insulin sensitivity, lowers blood sugar levels and has several other benefits for digestion. So, raw banana should definitely get its place in our plates! 😊 Don't forget to check out my other raw banana recipes Raw banana dosaRaw banana dahi vadaRaw banana tikki



Here goes my recipe for raw banana raita:

Ingredients :

Curd - 500 ml
Raw banana - 1
Tomato - 1 (Medium size)
Onion - 1 (Medium size)
Green chillies - 2 
Corriander leaves (Chopped)- 1 tsp
Pomegranate seeds - 1/2 cup
Roasted cumin seeds powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste

Method:
  • Remove the peel of banana and boil it. One whistle is enough. 
  • Meanwhile finely chop tomato, onion, green chillies and corriander leaves. 
  • When boiled banana is ready, mash it well.
  • Mix all the ingredients. You can add or remove ingredients as per your wish. Like you can add cucumber or boondi or remove onions if you don't like raw onions. However, I would definitely recommend not to remove pomegranate! When I prepared it for the first time and  shared the pic and recipe with my mother then she asked me to add pomegranate. Her expert advices always take my recipes to another level. Love you mumma 😘😊
  • Raita is ready!!!
  • You can serve it with lunch or dinner. It will also taste good with Tomato ricealoo dum biryani,  Sattu Parantha
Do try this recipe let me know if you like it. 😊

0 comments:

Post a Comment